Copy the following form to your word-processor. Complete all sections. Submit by October 31:
a. the document in pdf format to Dr. Mattson (via an e-mail attachment).
b. one paper copy of the completed application to Dr. Mattson.
Please note all award requirements and timeframe information provided below.
2. Chemistry Faculty Research Director
3. Research proposed (not to exceed 500 words and not to exceed 2 pages; include work already completed, if appropriate)
4. Plans for presentation of research results
publication, seminar, etc.)
5. Post-graduate plans (job market, graduate
school, medical school, etc.)
For the paper copy only: In addition to above, please include
6. Social security number
7. Applicant signature
8. Chemistry research director's signature
1. Award winner must enroll in Chm 497 during the Spring Semester immediately following the award date which is November 16th of each year.
2. Award winner must plan to do the research for a Creighton Chemistry faculty member
3. Award winner must abide by the Time Frame for Award Activities as given below. Exceptions, such as extension of deadlines, must be cleared by Dr. Mattson.
August - October 31st:1. Prepare the application with a word processor.
2. Copy the application form from the web page.
3. Adhere to page and word limit.
4. Applications must be signed by applicant and research director.
5. Submit application to Dr. Bruce Mattson, Department of Chemistry before 4 PM on October 31st.
November 1st - November 10th (approximate): Applications are reviewed by faculty. The following criteria are used to evaluate proposals
1. clarity and thoroughness of proposal
2. feasibility of completing the proposed research
3. general academic preparedness of applicant
4. plans to present findings at a conference or publish the results
November 16th: (Dr. Donald Baumann's birthday)1. Winners are announced by Dr. Mattson, who will also notify Dr. John Baumann via e-Mail.
2. Copies of the successful proposals will be sent by ground mail to John Baumann.
November 16th - December 1st:1. Winners write a thank you note to the Baumann Family and deliver it to Dr. Mattson.
2. Dr. Mattson will also take a digital photo of the winners for posting on the web.
3. Upon completion of these steps, Dr. Mattson will request payment of $500.00 as the first installment of the scholarship.
4. Copies of all paperwork and thank you notes sent to Dr. John Baumann.
5. Web site updated by Dr. Mattson.
January - May: Students perform the proposed research
May:1. Draft report is submitted to research director for review.
2. Corrections are made.
3. Two copies of the final report are submitted to Dr. Mattson. The original copy must be signed by both the student and research director.
4. An electronic copy (in pdf format) of the final report must also be submitted to Dr. Mattson (as an e-mail attachment). The latter will be used to build the web site.
5. A second thank you note for the Baumann Family is written and delivered to Dr. Mattson.
6. Upon completion of these steps, Dr. Mattson will request payment of $500.00 as the second installment of the scholarship.
7. Copies of all paperwork and thank you notes sent to Dr. John Baumann.
8. Web site updated by Dr. Mattson.
Updated 26 March 2010